London and New York — August 9, 2021 — Refinitiv, one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, today announced that the EPIC Platform from GIACT and World-Check are now together and accessible via a single API. The integration brings together the comprehensive risk intelligence from World-Check with the unprecedented capability of GIACT to deliver a multi-dimensional view of consumer and business identity, payments, and compliance risk, across the customer lifecycle.
Click here for a Complimentary Risk Analysis
Nearly half (47%) of U.S. consumers were impacted by identity theft in the past two years, with resulting losses increasing 42% year-on-year to $712.4 billion in 2020, according to Aite Group. Concurrently, both traditional and emerging fraud risk, alongside complex compliance requirements, has delivered record financial losses and reputational risk to organizations across almost every industry.
EPIC Platform and World-Check protect the complete customer lifecycle
The integration announced today is set to address all manner of fraud and risk-related threats and inefficiencies by combining industry-leading solutions into a single API that can be deployed across an organization.
“For over a decade, legacy solutions have failed to adequately protect financial institutions, businesses and consumers from identity and payments fraud,” said James Mirfin, Global Head of Digital Identity and Fraud Solutions at Refinitiv. “Until today, no one has been able to deliver a fraud and risk mitigation solution that spans the customer lifecycle. Refinitiv responded to the industry’s calls by combining the power of the EPIC Platform and World-Check into a single comprehensive solution that eliminates gaps in the fraud prevention process; helps protect financial institutions, businesses, government entities and others against the latest fraud threats; and improves customer experience through real-time, fact-based decisioning.”
A customizable, single API
Through a customizable, single API, organizations will be equipped with the following advances:
- Refinitiv’s cutting-edge technology and access to an unparalleled real-time network of identity verification, authentication services and compliance screening
- Access to a holistic set of enrollment, payment, identity, compliance, screening, and mobile solutions built on a single platform
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate both traditional and emerging risks, including payments, identity and vendor fraud; money laundering, bribery and corruption; as well as enforcements and fines
- Ability to address newer, more sophisticated fraud threats, including identity theft; synthetic identity fraud; true name fraud; account takeover; business email compromise; and others
- And the capability to better attract and retain customers, safeguard their reputations, and protect supply chain and vendor relationships.
To learn more about the combined power of the EPIC Platform and World-Check, click here.
GIACT, a Refinitiv company, is the leader in helping companies positively identify and authenticate customers. Since 2004, GIACT has been empowering businesses across all industries with data-driven insights to prevent identity and payments fraud and improve compliance procedures, all through a single platform — the EPIC Platform. For more information, visit www.giact.com
Refinitiv, an LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group) business, is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. With $6.25 billion in revenue, more than 40,000 customers and 400,000 end users across 190 countries, Refinitiv is powering participants across the global financial marketplace. We provide information, insights, and technology that enable customers to execute critical investing, trading and risk decisions with confidence. By combining a unique open platform with best-in-class data and expertise, we connect people with choice and opportunity – driving performance, innovation and growth for our customers and partners. For more information visit: www.refinitiv.com